Monday, August 3, 2009

Using a Notebook to be Smart


Many people agree that taking notes improves the retention of thoughts. I use notebooks for everything. When things are written down they seem so much more logical. Using a notepad is also a good idea for remembering specific details of day's events and what you were thinking when you came up with something.

Aside from personal uses, the notebook is great for studying and planning your day. It is an inexpensive and essential tool in the life of an organized person. It doesn't matter what you're doing because a notebook can always help.

If you hear a good song and aren't near a computer to download it, write it down. If you come across a good idea, write it down. If you see something you like write it down. Also notebooks are good for keeping quotes. Quotes will definately improve your usefulness in dinner conversations.

The way I use a note book is to usually have a table, for example if I am learning a mandarin word I will have the Chinese Character on the left, the English meaning in the middle and the Pīnyīn on the right. This works for all languages and even some other uses.

A typical page in a notebook could contain some new Chinese words I have learned, a quote or two, a plan with a friend, a deal I saw on something I need in a flyer or a good idea.

No comments: