Sunday, August 9, 2009

Setting Small Goals to Get things Accomplished

You can accomplish almost anything just by setting small goals. The smallest goals can lead to success. For example if I set a small goal like: getting two followers on this blog. I think I will be able to accomplish it within a year or two of constant posting. When I accomplish that simple goal I can move on. I will feel more confident and a lot closer to my goal of making this a successful blog.

I don't just set a small goal, I set a large goal too. The small goals will be grouped under the large one. I could have the goal of learning a language at the top. Let's say Mandarin. My goal is to learn Mandarin. My first stepping stone goal would be to learn one hundred words. After that five hundred and so on. I could also have the goal of knowing enough to read my first Mandarin book. The goals help me stay on track and doing things I had never thought I could do before.

Here is a summary of how you can accomplish a difficult thing with simple goals.
  1. Ask yourself what is it that you want to do. Make this your ultimate goal.
  2. Figure out what the first thing you need to do to accomplish you ultimate goal is.
  3. Set a very simple goal for accomplishing that first task.
  4. Once that is accomplished, set another goal. Done? Another. This will continue until one day you realize you have almost accomplished your ultimate goal.
An example of this happening in my life was my quest to get perfect marks in one of my high school classes. I tried hard, I found an understanding of the topic and figured out that if you truly understand how something works you know almost everything about that topic. My first goal was to get perfect on a test, easy, done. Then I decided I needed to aim higher, I started helping others in class when I realized I was the most knowledgeable on the topic. I also aced my next tests. Whenever there was an assignment I was able to complete it with ease. The topic had become very interesting to me and I was realizing how important knowledge is. I finally completed my ultimate goal of getting perfect in the class. How rewarding it was.

Anyone is able to complete any goal they want to complete if they put their mind to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also go to see this web site on regular basis to obtain updated from hottest news.
Also visit my webpage pizza games houston